Coming up in the AMS Journal – Summer 2020
Work on the next edition of the AMS Journal is now proceeding quickly and it is hoped that, once the Covid 19 restrictions are lifted, it will be published this summer. Although the editor reserves the right to alter it, the following is a list of contents:
Articles (in alphabetical order by surname of author):
- Engineers Brasswork: Industrial Folk Art of North-East England. By Peter Brears.
- Brass Skimmers, Ladles and Slices of the late 17th and 18th centuries and their Makers’ marks. By Roderick and Valentine Butler and Christopher Green.
- A Skillet Handle on a Fireback. By Jeremy Hodgkinson.
- “Our Garters, Bellows and Warming Pans wore Godly Motto’s: English 17th century brass warming pan inscriptions.” By Malcolm Jones.
- The Mermaid Railings and the Liverpool Sailors Home. By Stephen McKay.
- Medieval eating knives in England. By Simon Moore.
- Jean Demosthene Dugourc: A Life by Design. By Susan R. Kinsey.
- English Cut Steel 1730-1840. By Angus Patterson.
- A Celtic mirror from Holcombe, Devon. By Nicholas Riall.
Notes and Queries:
- Some Medieval Spoons. By David Moulson.
- The Art of the Door Knocker by Garry Scroop. By Diana Crawforth-Hitchins.
- The Brass Eagle Lecterns of England. By Christopher Green and Roderick Butler.
A catalogue of knives found by Graham duHeaume whilst mudlarking in the Thames between 1974 and 1986. The collection is now in the ownership of the Cutlers’ Company.