Worshipful Company of Drapers Plaque
This cast iron plaque bears the arms of the Worshipful Company of Drapers of the City of London. The Company of Drapers received their charter from Edward III in 1364 although they had been in existence since 1180. Their coat of arms was granted in 1438. This plaque probably adorned the outside of a building owned by the Company but the Company archivist has not been able to determine the age of the plaque or from which building it was taken. The Drapers’ Company is based at Drapers Hall, Throgmorton Avenue, London EC2N 2DQ.